Dr. Baumann SkinIdent
- The Companies
- What is Really Healthy For You and Your Skin
- Environmental and Animal Protection
- Peta Award
- Thematic Information about Skin Care
- Basic information
- Basic information about allergies
- Basic information about SkinIdent
- Basic information about liposomes
- Basic information about oils
- Basic information about a healthy diet
- Basic information about AHA Fruit Acids
- Basic information about oxygen in cosmetics
- Basic information about the Skin and Sun
- Basic information about Active Ingredients
- Basic information about Essential Oils
- Product Analysis
- Active Ingredients
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Vegan Diet
- Retail outlets
- For Cosmetic Institutes
Basic information about SkinIdent – the best of the best
from Dr. Baumann SkinIdent research
Allergies are caused by substances which are foreign to the body, as the immune system considers substances which are native or endemic to the body and the skin to be appropriate and therefore does not attack them. Only in the case of specific autoimmune diseases does the immune system attack substances and tissues normally present in the body, which often results in life-threatening disease patterns. Substances which are native or endemic to the body are not attacked by the immune system, so the goal of Dr. Baumann SkinIdent research from the beginning has been to conceptualise products with as many endemic ingredients as possible. The highest goal of Dr. Baumann SkinIdent research however has been to use only ingredients which are native or endemic to the body. This has led to the development of the world-wide first of its kind, the SkinIdent line.
At the time of publication of this information, SkinIdent was the first and only skincare line in the world to consist exclusively of ingredients and vitamins endemic and/or native to the skin and body. This new concept has direct visible and tangible benefits for the skin.
Dermatological facts which directed the development of SkinIdent:
- Only substances foreign to the body trigger allergies in the skin.
- Substances native to the body do not cause allergies (with the exception of certain autoimmune diseases).
- Allergies are constantly increasing and are causing a problem.
- A skincare product can only be optimally effective if it is optimally compatible.
Therefore it is possible to avoid preventable dermatological risks such as allergenic ingredients by following a daily skincare routine which ensures optimal effectiveness through the best possible compatibility. As it is unpredictable which person will have an allergic reaction and as a consequence develop an allergy-related skin disease due to the use of cosmetic products, the first logical step remains to avoid the worse allergy triggers (according to dermatology) of fragrance, preservatives and other allergenic foreign substances. You as an expert in healthy skincare should understand cosmetic ingredients. Therefore we recommend a good reference book such as the “Blue List” or “Die Bewertung kosmetischer Inhaltsstoffe anhand der INCI Deklaration” by Dr. Henrich and Dr. Baumann.
The Dr. Baumann SkinIdent research team has achieved success with something previously not considered possible with its new SkinIdent skincare line:
- All the products in this line consist exclusively of skin-endemic active substances and vitamins.
- All products last for at least 30 months without preservatives.
- All products have a pleasant scent without the addition of perfume.
The right concentration of all important active ingredients guarantees optimal effectiveness. At the same time, the use of ingredients and vitamins native to the skin ensures the best possible compatibility. Compatibility and effectiveness are not only the most important characteristics of a skincare product from a dermatological point of view, but also underpin SkinIdent.
Traditionally DR. BAUMANN COSMETIC GmbH has placed a special significance on ethical aspects such as the protection of animals and the environment:
- Animal-friendly by not using animal ingredients
- Environmentally-friendly by not using wasteful wrapping and outer packaging.